JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DESCRIPTION
||Administrative Services / Office of Property Assessments
||$2,563.60-$3,120.00 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
High school diploma or its equivalent.
The successful completion of the Pennsylvania state administered examination for the designation of Certified Pennsylvania Evaluator (CPE) is required within one (1) year of placement.
Some college or technical coursework, prior work experience in a Computerized Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) system or in the field of real estate sales or appraisal, and familiarity with Ortho photography are preferred.
A valid PA driver’s license and a vehicle with current automobile insurance coverage are mandatory.
This position reports to the Manager of Property Valuation and is responsible for the review, collection, and appraisal of data on residential and commercial/industrial real property in the County within assigned districts.
- Performs reviews on all assigned residential and commercial/industrial real property for the purpose of collecting and appraising data in relation to new construction, property improvements, and appeals filed.
- Maintains quality and quantity standards as required in the process of data collection on real property.
- Creates and updates administrative reports.
- Maintains and submits individual production reports.
- Performs sales analyses.
- Attends and provides testimony at appeal hearings.
- Maintains current records and files.
- Reviews, processes, and submits paperwork in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responds to internal County and public inquiries.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Principles of mathematics
- Microsoft Office software and basic computer hardware
- Read Geographic Information Systems (GIS) maps, blueprints, lot plans, and deeds correctly
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Physically review multiple properties on a daily basis
- Perform detail-oriented tasks
- Efficiently organize work
- Successfully multi-task and meet deadlines
- Represent the County in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Travel out-of-County for the initial and continuing education CPE-related coursework
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D