Job Announcement Description
||Administrative Services / Office of Property Assessment
||$2.166.67 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
An Associate’s Degree in Business or General Studies AND One (1) year of secretarial or administrative clerical work experience. A working knowledge of the basic functions of the Office of Property Assessment and the ability to navigate the Integrated Assessment System is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Performs general secretarial duties including handling tax payer and public inquiries
- Prepares correspondence and other documents
- Maintains spreadsheets and databases
- Develops and maintains manual and electronic file systems
- Maintains the schedule of the Chief Assessment Officer (CAO), organizes meetings, and secures meeting space
- Submits weekly time and attendance sheets
- Procures supplies and tracks inventory
- Provides support to other managers as needed
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer functions and applications
- Microsoft Office
- General office practices and procedures including organizing, filing, and record keeping
- Communicate orally and in writing
- Learn and understand the basic functions of the Office of Property Assessment
- Learn and navigate the Integrated Assessment System
- Work well with management, peers, and the public in a fast-paced environment
- Meet deadlines
- Write, type and perform data entry
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D