Job Announcement Description
||Office of the Medical Examiner
||$2,411.07 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A High School diploma or its equivalent AND One (1) year of experience in medical terminology/filing, transcription and procedures. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Applicants who meet the above requirements and have a basic understanding of accounting principles and business format are preferred.
- Records medical and administrative information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepares autopsy protocols.
- Maintains logs and records; prepares billing and requests.
- Releases photographs and microscopic slides.
- Handles accounts receivable and payable.
- Performs secretarial duties for pathologists and administrative staff.
- Answers telephones and records messages.
- Files and retrieves records; makes photocopies.
- Directs calls to appropriate extensions.
- Receives incoming mail.
- Greets and directs Medical Examiner’s Office visitors and guests.
- Prepares statements, as needed/required.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Policies and procedures associated with medical record documentation
- General office practices and procedures including filing, recordkeeping, and use of fax, copier, PC
- Medical terminology
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Type 50 wpm
- Pass a security clearance
- Read and interpret medical reports; provide or extract information
- Use a personal computer
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D