Job Announcement Description
||$2,334.00 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
:High school diploma or its equivalent AND One (1) year of administrative or secretarial work experience in the legal field, such as a law office or law department. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Types, takes dictation, files, and performs all general secretarial duties as well as those requiring specialized legal knowledge.
- Prepares and assembles legal pleadings, reports, opinions, briefs, correspondence and other functions related to the Law Department.
- Makes appointments, schedules meetings, and advises attorneys of appointments and deadlines.
- Maintains logs and files of all cases and contracts, maintains office supply inventory; files pleadings with the Department of Court Records; handles miscellaneous office matters assigned from time-to-time by the Legal Administrator.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer functions and applications, with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- General office practices and procedures including filing, record keeping, proofreading, etc.
- Learn and understand specialized legal terminology and procedures
- Learn new computer systems and applications as required
- Type at a speed of approximately 50 wpm
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veterans' Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D