Job Announcement Description
||Licensed Practical Nurse
||Kane Regional Centers
||$18.66 per hour entry level (Licensed), probationary;
$18.66 post probationary (90 working days);
$17.19 per hour entry level (GPN)
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A Practical Nursing Degree from an accredited college OR Graduation from an approved LPN program. Applicants must possess a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania or must possess a current temporary practice permit authorized by the State of Pennsylvania.
Must have current CPR/BLS certification prior to appointment.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
- Provides medications and treatments to residents to meet their physical and psychosocial needs.
- Observes each resident's physical and emotional status and notifies an RN Resident Care Coordinator when there is a significant change in a resident's condition.
- Documents nursing intervention and resident response for assigned residents.
- Assists staff on the unit in providing activities of daily living care to the residents.
- Prepares and administers oral, rectal, IV's, IM's, and G-tube medications as ordered by the physician, and within the scope of their practice.
- Performs IV therapies that include observation, maintenance and care of IV sites.
- Delivers tracheotomy care including changing outer tracheostomy tubes (healed stoma).
- Inserts NG tubes and maintains patency.
- Ensures that medication and narcotic records are completed accurately and in accordance with established policies. Reports discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Responds to emergencies according their scope of practice.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Established policies and procedures regarding infection control
- Nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long-term care.
- Preparing and administering medications
- Performing Treatments
- IV Therapy
- Make independent decisions when warranted
- Assist in planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and interpreting programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for providing quality care.
- Communicate effectively with residents and colleagues.
- Work with ill, disabled, and elderly people within a long-term care facility.
- Perform physical tasks associated with resident care, including lifting residents into/out of beds and pushing gurneys and wheelchairs.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D