Job Announcement Description
||Oracle Application Manager
||Department of Corrections (Jail)
||$65,000 - $70,000 per year
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree, AND three (3) years’ experience in N-Tier Application Administration or comparable systems. Experience with the Offender Management System (OMS) application is a plus. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Under the supervision of the Warden, this position manages all activities and functions involved with the analysis, integration, testing, documentation, and operation of an n-tier Oracle application used to administer and operate all aspects a large jail facility. The incumbent to this position will serve as the liaison with the Allegheny County Jail, the County Division of Computer Services and County, State and Federal agencies, and other stakeholders. The incumbent additionally shall supervise up to six IT staff and contractors to support day-to-day IT operation and data management within the application. This management level, professional position requires high motivation, creative skills, innovative and flexible approaches, a confidential demeanor, and the ability to be on call.
- Administers and manages the OMS software (n-tier Oracle application) including day to day management, security administration, analysis and requirement gathering, module onboarding, data management, and end user training and support.
- Responsible for the analysis and validation of user and system requirements as well as existing business processes and information systems.
- Develops analytical reports for the Warden, the Criminal Justice Advisory Board, and senior jail staff.
- Manages mid-sized project management for Allegheny County Jail IT projects.
- Manages multiple groups involved in data cleansing, application management, interface specification/development, and Allegheny County Jail technical support.
- Supervises and coordinates work assignments with multiple entities including: subordinates, vendors, County departments, and senior jail staff.
- Researches and evaluates new technology to support and facilitate operations at Allegheny County Jail. Coordinates new technology initiatives with central IT.
- Develops and delivers training to end users.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge / Skills:
- Standard application administration and management practices. Knowledge of ITIL is a plus.
- Proven Oracle database skills and Crystal Report development
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
- Training or experience in criminal justice, institutional administration, or prison management is desirable but not necessary.
- Understand complex multi-table databases and create SQL statements in compliance with ANSI/ISO
- Interact well with the public, elected officials, vendors, and with Jail and County management and staff
- Communicate technical issues effectively with vendors to resolve hardware/software problems
- Communicate well, both orally and in writing
- Utilize superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Use Microsoft Office Suite proficiently
- Interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team
- Adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veterans’ Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D