Job Announcement Description
||Application Support Administrator
||Bureau of Corrections (Jail)
||$65,000 - $70,000 per year
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree, AND three (3) years’ experience in N-Tier Application Administration or comparable systems. Experience with the Offender Management System (OMS) application is a plus. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Under the supervision of the Warden, this position manages all activities and functions involved with the Offender Management System (OMS) which is deployed in the Allegheny County Jail. The incumbent will serve as the liaison with the Allegheny County Jail, the County Division of Computer Services and County, State and Federal agencies, and other stakeholders. The incumbent additionally shall supervise up to six IT staff and contractors to support day-to-day IT operation and data management within the application. This management level, professional position requires high motivation, creative skills, innovative and flexible approaches, a confidential demeanor, and the ability to be on call.
- Responsible for the analysis and validation of user and system requirements.
- Performs business process analysis to align jail processes and application functionality.
- Develops analytical reports for internal and external needs.
- Manages multiple groups involved in data cleansing, application management, and interface specification/development.
- Supervises and coordinates work assignments with multiple entities including: subordinates, vendors, County departments, and senior jail staff.
- Acts as project manager for OMS related projects.
- Acts as liaison with application developer on support issues.
- Works with Oracle Database Administrator as needed.
- Acts as liaison with County and Court IT staff.
- Responsible for user authorization roles.
- Develops and delivers training to end users.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge / Skills:
- Standard application administration and management practices and Crystal Report development
- Knowledge/experience in criminal justice, institutional administration, or prison management is desirable but not necessary.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, process improvement and project management skills.
- Analyze, diagnose and implement process changes
- Provide software training for end users
- Communicate well, both orally and in writing
- Utilize superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Use Microsoft Office Suite proficiently
- Interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team
- Adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veterans’ Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D