Job Announcement Description
||$22.8456 per hour
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Completion of a roofer's apprenticeship program AND four (4) years of experience as a roofer OR six (6) years of experience as a roofer.
A valid PA Class C driver's license required prior to appointment.
- Maintains all the duties and assignments for the roofing department
- Completes paperwork for the department, requisitions, logs, work orders, questionnaires, etc.
- Checks on roof leaks and performs roof repairs.
- Orders materials needed; picks up materials.
- Contacts other trades to arrange related work for roof repairs.
- Gets bids from outside contractors for roof repairs.
- Monitors work of outside contractors when completing jobs for County.
- Installs and repairs flue pipes for heaters, water heaters, etc.
- Performs light sheet metal work.
- Installs gutters and downspouts.
- Cleans out roof of existing gutters and downspouts.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Methods, practices, materials, equipment and tools of the roofing trade
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work
- Perform the trade safely and efficiently; to use a variety of tools commonly associated with the trade
- Complete assignments and projects on time
- Follow policies and procedures of the County department in which working
- Perform heavy construction roofing
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervision, and the general public
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D