Job Announcement Description
||$2,847.50 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
High School Diploma or its equivalent AND Two (2) years experience in bookkeeping, invoice processing, and accounts payable or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. College level coursework in Business, Accounting, or related field and previous experience in a government fiscal office setting is preferred.
Allegheny County, with a population of approximately 1.3 million, is the second largest county in the State of Pennsylvania, and since 2000 legislation was enacted to provide a Home Rule form of governance. Through the Department of Facilities Management, the County maintains approximately 3 million square feet of building space including 600,000 square feet of leased space in over 130 buildings throughout the county.
Under the supervision of the Fiscal/Purchasing Manager, this position is responsible for processing payments for consultant, contractor, and vendor invoices for Capital and operating budgets. This position involves extensive use of JDEdwards/PeopleSoft/OnBase for live payment processing and overall fiscal management. This position also assists in monitoring the department’s operating and capital budgets.
- Processes payments to vendors through OnBase and JDEdwards from capital and operating budgets.
- Verifies that funds to cover payments are available through County’s accounting application (JDEdwards).
- Ensures that salary items are documented with required receipts.
- Verifies that invoices properly document Disadvantage Business Enterprise/Minority Business Enterprise (DBE/MBE) requirements, if necessary.
- Identifies errors on invoices and takes action to correct them.
- Resolves invoicing issues with vendors.
- Analyzes data/information and draws conclusions from the County’s accounting application (JDEdwards and PeopleSoft).
- Maintains and sets up ledgers
- Maintains files including consultant contract/contractor bid tab; related Executive Actions; notice-to-proceed letters; insurance certificates; contract sheets (if it is an estimate), etc.
- Interacts with department staff as well as the Budget Department and Controller’s Office representatives.
- Prepares financial reports as required.
- Prepares memos, letters, spreadsheets, and reports relating to the Operating Budget.
- Analyzes and understands contracts to ensure payments are made per contractual terms.
- Reviews past payment history to avoid payment redundancy and to aid in budget planning.
- Assists new vendors in completing vendor creation forms and submitting log to the Controller’s Office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Basic Accounting principles and Accounting computer applications
- JDEdwards, PeopleSoft, and OnBase
- Detail oriented skills for accurate verification and data entry
- Communicate professionally, orally, and in writing
- Work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrate reliability and dependability in the workplace
Working Conditions and Physical Abilities:
- The incumbent will be exposed to moderate office level noise.
- The incumbent is required to sit, use hands, fingers, handle, or feel, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
- The incumbent occasionally may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Close vision abilities are required.
- The incumbent must be capable of concentrating on figures and details for extended periods of time.
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D