Job Announcement Description
||$4,000.00 - $4,320.00 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
High School Diploma or its equivalent AND five (5) years of experience in facility maintenance operations to include a working knowledge of facility operations, maintenance and various trades operations.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass background checks as required for the position.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and the Deputy Director in Department of Facilities Management, this position is responsible for the coordination of a variety of projects, preventative maintenance, work orders, service requests, and other maintenance requests across a variety of facilities within the County inventory. The position is also responsible for maintaining the facilities database (Cityworks), assisting in scheduling and coordinating work within the facilities, and maintaining documentation of completed services and other quality assurances or customer service information.
- Oversees general work with various facilities
- Supports the Operations Manager and the Deputy Director of Facilities Maintenance
- Develops, plans and implements maintenance programs for County facilities and facilities equipment inventory
- Coordinates and tracks maintenance schedules across various trades assigned to activities
- Schedules required repairs and replacement work accordingly
- Works with IT platforms used to maintain service requests and work orders and tracks accordingly
- Creates service requests and/or work orders
- Collaborates with building tenants and other County departments to ensure proper initiation, process, scheduling and prioritization
- Participates in the development of the annual operating budget for the department
- Implements necessary policies, strategic plans, goals, initiatives and objectives for the department
- Supports optimization of resources (personnel, materials, supplies, etc.) and budget funding
- Manages facility support tasks and projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Facility operations and maintenance
- Trades operations and management
- General construction principals
- Budgeting practices
- Federal and state employment and collective bargaining laws
- Project management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and the public
- Work in a professional, courteous manner at all times
- Communicate verbally and in writing
- Handle stressful situations and to work under pressure;
- Make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment;
- Plan, organize, and coordinate day-to-day and long range activities;
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D