Job Announcement Description
||Foreman, Building Maintenance
||Administrative Services - Division of Facilities Management
||$2,982.82 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent and two years of experience in general supervision. An equivalent amount of experience and education may be substituted.
The Foreman, Building Maintenance reports to the Supervisor, Building Maintenance and is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of all assigned utility and/or custodial workers. This position also oversees the coordination of small interdepartmental moves or relocations in accordance with approved work orders throughout the County.
- Prepares daily work schedules for assigned personnel
- Schedules personnel to appropriate areas contingent on workload
- Coordinates the assignment of personnel to achieve maximum utilization of available work persons.
- Delivers oral and written instructions when necessary
- Observes personnel on a daily basis to insure proper conduct and efficiency among crews
- Documents any misbehavior of an employee and informs management
- Performs general surveillance of County property making sure that appearance is maintained in an acceptable condition
- Supervises all emergencies in their assigned buildings.
- Assists the Supervisor, Building Maintenance as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles of supervision
- Principles of customer service
- Proper cleaning procedures
- Coordinate and evaluate the work of others
- Communicate well both orally and in writing
- Work well with subordinates, management, other County employees and the general public
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D