Job Announcement Description
||$3,588.92 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Community Development, Finance, Business Management or a related degree AND two (2) years of related work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Experience with contract administration is preferred.
A valid, PA Driver’s license is required prior to appointment.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Business Development, this position is primarily responsible for serving as contract administrator for agreements between Allegheny County and operating agencies. The position’s primary purpose is to provide management, marketing, development, evaluation, coordination and monitoring for a variety of business and community development projects from inception to completion.
- Develops working relationships with economic development agencies, community development corporations, universities, state and federal agencies among other entities in order to seek potential clients and to provide clients with a range of business services including education on funding programs and analyzing development plans
- Gathers and organizes relevant data about businesses, labor markets, real estate markets, national and regional economics in order to analyze and later report on these findings regarding the impact of economic trends, legislation and policies
- Responds to inquiries regarding funding, technical resources, permitting, licensing, market data, taxes, policies and laws through serving as the initial and primary point of contact between clients and the department
- Develops, critiques, monitors and recommends work plans, budgets, contractual documents and funding proposals
- Structures financing plans that solve market challenges and meets funding program requirements
- Assembles and presents loan proposals to review boards and prepares projects to close on financing
- Monitors the health of loans made by the Department and recommends steps to secure the Department’s outstanding loans
- Vets payment requests for accuracy and fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Monitors the successes of borrowers and if needed, structures technical assistance.
- Markets department programs on a regular basis through presentations, workshops and public meetings
- Assists in grant writing, fundraising and application preparation as necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Local governmental entities or community development
- Accounting, finance and budget procedures
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Work as a team member with other division and perform self-directed tasks
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D