Job Announcement Description
Project Manager 1
$3,157.95 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Community Development or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
A valid PA Driver's license is required prior to appointment.
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Manager of the Housing Division, this position is primarily responsible for serving as contract administrator for agreements between Allegheny County and operating agencies. The position’s primary purpose is to provide oversight, consultation, management, evaluation, coordination and monitoring for a variety of housing development projects from inception to completion.
- Provides technical support on Allegheny County programs and policies to facilitate communications, cooperation and action between the operating agencies, homeowners, governmental agencies, or non-profit agencies and Allegheny County.
- Monitors contracts with various Federal and State agencies concerning programs and funding sources.
- Conducts desk audits and on-site inspections to provide on-going assistance, to establish systems for review and evaluation, to ensure compliance with regulations and contract agreements, and to initiate corrective action, if necessary.
- Implements projects and records management systems to ensure fiscal integrity and to meet reporting requirements.
- Prepares periodic status reports as required or needed.
- Develops new and innovative programs to increase the impact of the division’s efforts.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Local governmental entities
- Real estate practices
- Contract administration
- Basic construction and accounting principles
- Ability to work effectively with the public
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Work effectively with supervisors, co-workers, outside agencies, and the public
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook programs proficiently
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D