Job Announcement Description
||Authorities Marketing Representative
||$4,166.66 per month maximum
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field AND three (3) years of related work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Valid PA driver’s license required prior to appointment.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of the Department of Economic Development and is responsible for the management of the marketing functions for the Authorities Division of the Department and serves as the liaison for the division to outside agencies.
- Manages the daily activities of the marketing function for the Authorities Division.
- Increases the impact of the Authorities’ programs through the development of new and innovative programs that will increase the ability of each Authority to better serve the economic development needs of Allegheny County and all Allegheny County residents.
- Encourages growth of Authorities’ programs to potential clients and clients that already exist.
- Generates leads for use of the Authorities’ programs.
- Handles all of the inquiries that come in as a result of marketing efforts.
- Modernizes all Authority programs and services to the extent possible.
- Responds to requests to attend meetings that are relative to the Authorities’ programs.
- Develops a marketing plan for the authorities programs and services.
- Develops a strategy to implement the marketing plan to financial institutions and organizations regarding the various authorities programs and services.
- Creates marketing collateral ensuring valid, current and accurate content.
- Researches to identify potential clients and sector opportunities.
- Coordinates meetings, speaking engagements, seminars, etc. to promote the functions and use of each Authority.
- Delivers presentations regarding the Authorities functions as needed.
- Ensures the Authorities section of the Department website is current and kept up-to-date.
- Develops and maintains a database of potential clients.
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential clients and necessary outside agencies.
- Strives to achieve and maintain the status of a nationally recognized program.
- Responds to requests from the other divisions in the Department as they relate to the Authorities’ assistance to eligible borrowers.
- Works closely with and maintains good working relationships with Board Members of all Authorities.
- Works closely with and maintains good working relationships with the Authorities’ Executive Director, Fiscal Staff, Business Development Staff, Human Services and Housing Staff in order to effectively administer each Authority’s program.
- Monitors marketing program goals and objectives.
- Prepares reports that pertain to the status and progress of the Authorities.
- Maintains County and departmental operating procedures.
- Performs related duties/special assignments as assigned.
- Works as a team member with other Department Divisions in order to achieve the Department’s objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Marketing practices and principles
- Revolving loan funds focusing on issues of delinquency and defaults
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Facilitating group processes and conducting meetings and presentations
- Establishing working relationships and communicating with people in various agencies/roles and with varied interests/objectives
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and team-building skills
- Learn the roles of the legal and financial professionals in the municipal bond industry and to work in conjunction with them so that they may use the Authorities’ programs effectively on behalf of eligible borrowers who choose to utilize tax-exempt obligations as a financing tool
- Interact with high level County personnel such as County Manager and members of County Council
- Learn the basics of Redevelopment Law including, but not limited to eminent domain and all matters pertaining to the redevelopment process, in order to better market the Authorities programs
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook software programs proficiently
- Be flexible in completing tasks
- Organize and execute work assignments
- Develop new and innovative programs to increase the impact of the division’s efforts
- Successfully meet all divisional objectives in a timely fashion
- Interact professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and outside agencies
- Work as a team with other divisions in order to achieve the Department’s objectives
- Demonstrate initiative in undertaking new activities
- Adhere to Department/County policies and procedures
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D