Job Announcement Description
||$2,964.04 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Applicants with knowledge of HUD’s policies and regulations are preferred.
Under the supervision of the Fiscal Manager of the Operations Division this position applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information, prepares financial reports by compiling data, and utilizes appropriate accounting control procedures as required. The Accountant 2 also performs program audits.
- Audits operating agencies receiving funding through the Department.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts; prepares monthly financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Establishes, maintains, and coordinates the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyzes and reviews budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal, and authority funding, contracts, and grants.
- Monitors grant revenues and expenditures, ensuring data is recorded in the Department’s financial accounting system and the Controller’s JDE Edwards system.
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and reviews budget, revenue, expense, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommends appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Uses the IDIS system to draw down funds from the Federal Government.
- Contacts the Controller’s Office when requested to check on the status of a payment request.
- Explains billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies.
- Recommends, develops and maintains financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Maintains County and departmental operating procedures.
- Performs related duties/special assignments as assigned.
- Works as a team member with other Department Divisions in order to achieve the Department’s objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- HUD policies and regulations regarding record retention and funding
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and QuickBooks, JD Edwards / Peoplesoft software programs proficiently.
- Communicate both orally and in writing.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate persistence and determination.
- Demonstrate initiative in undertaking new activities.
- Be flexible in completing tasks.
- Successfully meet all divisional objectives in a timely fashion.
- Interact professionally with supervisors, co-workers, and outside agencies.
- Work as a team member with other divisions and the ability to perform self-directed tasks
- Adhere to Department/County policies and procedures while working under minimal supervision
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D