Job Announcement Description
||PC Communications Engineer
||Administrative Services / Division of Computer Services
||$2,500.00 - $4,148.47 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree OR an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree AND two (2) years experience as a PC Communications Engineer. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots PC Hardware and Software as well as printer hardware.
- Researches and evaluates new software and hardware products as they relate to the County’s Network.
- Recommends purchases and modifications of existing hardware / software as needed based on requirements.
- Keeps end-users and management informed by regularly communicating status of trouble tickets / projects.
- Documents solutions effectively to enable knowledge transfer and historical reference.
- Ensures compliance with vendor licensing laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Currently supported Microsoft desktop operating systems and office products
- HP/Compaq and Dell PCs and laptops
- Printer setups and maintenance
- Basic network components in relation to troubleshooting and new equipment installation
- Active Directory, SCCM, Ghost Imaging and Norton Anti-virus
- Tablets, iPads, BYOD technologies, and wireless technologies
- Scripting tools (Powershell, VBScript, etc.)
- Virtual desktop infrastructure environments (VMWare)
- Interact well with the public, elected officials, vendors, and with County management and staff
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with end-users and technical peers
- Communicate technical issues effectively with vendors to resolve hardware/software issues
- Seek out solutions independently from multiple resources when problem solving (internet, manuals, staff, etc.)
- Document user requirements and supporting detail tasks plan
- Work with minimum supervision independently as well as in a team environment
- Work on projects with a limited time frame
- Multi-task effectively
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies
- Make informed decisions
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D