Job Announcement Description
||Administrative Services / Division of Computer Services
||$5,093.61 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field AND Two (2) years of systems analysis or related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Identifies and defines business and technical requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Serves as liaison between end users and the software development team.
- Develops and delivers training to end users.
- Manages and documents an organized testing process for business processes, new applications, application changes and bug fixes
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Works with vendors of the Department's packaged applications to research and resolve problems.
- Liaisons between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Communicates project status and interaction with end users to management through formal status reports, proper use of DCS's project tracking system, time entry, and informal updates as requested.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Principles of structured- and object-oriented analysis
- Traditional System Development Life Cycle concepts
- Researching and resolving problems with the use of application software in a live environment
- Use reporting and data analysis tools such as Crystal Reports and Microsoft Access
- Communicate well both orally and in writing
- Work independently and as a team member
- Interact well with management, co-workers, and vendors
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint proficiently
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D