Job Announcement Description
|| Division Manager
||Department of Court Records, Civil/Family Division
||$5,416.66-$5,804.50 per month
How to Apply:
Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field AND a minimum of five (5) years of each of the following: management experience, supervisory experience, AND legal/paralegal experience in Civil and/or Family Law. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Education may not be substituted for management or supervisory experience.
The Department of Court Records is responsible for receiving, docketing, indexing, and preserving documents in all cases for the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County.
Under the direction of the Director, the Division Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Civil/Family Division of the Department of Court Records. The Division Manager provides direction to supervisors and employees in the Division.
- Supervises daily operation but not limited to decisions and directions regarding staffing.
- Plans, organizes, and establishes priorities and directs the daily operations of the Division.
- Oversees and validates that proper procedures are being followed in each section of the Division.
- Ensures compliance with the PA Rules of Civil Procedure as well as Allegheny County Local Court Rules.
- Coordinates and manages the work of the Division personnel to ensure that all filings are being processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identifies the training and equipment needs to ensure efficient operation of the Division.
- Evaluates the competency of the staff.
- Provides intense customer service assistance.
- Oversees fiscal operations of the Division.
- Coordinates training of current and new employees.
- Meets regularly with the Director to address personnel issues and customer complaints.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- All Civil Rules of Procedure and Local Rules of Court
- Data entry procedures and related office practices
- Personal computer features and function including Windows-based programs
- Organization and personnel management
- Supervise employees
- Prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities by utilizing high level decision making skills
- Work independently and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Learn to use new computer software as required
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, and the public verbally and in writing
- Develop positive working relationships with other County Departments, the Courts, and outside agencies
- Remain courteous and tactful while working under stressful conditions
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D