Job Announcement Description
||Department of Court Records
||$4,166.66-$5,000.00 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field AND five (5) years of administrative office experience, including records and file management. Experience in the legal and/or accounting fields is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
The Department of Court Records is responsible for receiving, docketing, indexing, and preserving documents in all cases for the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County.
Under the direction of the Director and/or Deputy Director, The Administrative Manager performs administrative duties in the areas of budgeting, accounting, records management and general office administration within all Divisions of the Department (Civil, Criminal and Wills/Orphans’ Court).
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, prepares, submits and administers the annual Departmental budgets
- Projects gross receipts of revenue, including filing fees and other revenue for the Operating Budget and other Department funding sources (i.e. Computer Fund and Records Retention Fund)
- Coordinates with Budget & Finance Office to calculate accurate salary and benefit projections for the next annual budget
- Projects annual cost of Departmental supplies and services
- Monitors budget reports and prepares/submits adjustment requests to appropriate parties as requested or required
- Coordinates, prepares, reviews, submits and administers vouchers, invoices, purchase orders and requisitions for services, supplies, equipment, etc. through the Department’s purchasing process in accordance with County purchasing policies and procedures
- Reconciles Departmental accounts receivable and payable; ensures accurate completion
- Interacts with vendors, suppliers, public officials, other County directors, managers and staff to efficiently and effectively facilitate cross-departmental workflow
- Monitors departmental contracts and prepares and submits amendments as necessary; prepares corresponding Executive Actions and facilitates contract workflow
- Manages and coordinates filing systems for all Divisions within the Department in cooperation with Division Managers (Civil, Criminal, Wills Orphans); organizes records at warehouse and other off-site locations
- Determines records to be destroyed and/or sent to State Archives in accordance with records retention policies
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General budgeting and accounting principles and procedures
- Data entry procedures and related office practices
- Record retention schedule, policies and procedures
- PC features and functions including various external and internally designed software programs (Microsoft Office, Excel, JDE, Action Tracker, etc).
- Communicate well both orally and in writing
- Work independently under general supervision and think critically
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, other employees, and the public
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook proficiently; learn new computer programs and software as required; accurately enter data into systems in a timely manner, proofread and verify data to ensure accuracy
- Confidentially maintain and secure accurate records
- Meet deadlines
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D