Job Announcement Description
(This function is a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week schedule)
||Allegheny County Police, Building Security Division
||$2,947.20 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent AND One (1) year experience as a security officer or related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Applicants must have excellent customer focus, effective communication skills, an ability to work well with County employees and the public, and demonstrated abilities to exercise good judgement and to take initiative.
Applicants must pass a comprehensive background investigation. Conviction of a felony and certain misdemeanors is disqualifying unless the applicant has been pardoned.
Must be at least 21 years of age for positions within the Shuman Juvenile Detention Center.
- Provides security for county buildings and property, to include buildings, grounds, and parking areas; assures that areas are locked or unlocked as appropriate.
- Checks fire exits and perimeter doors and keeps them clear for emergency use.
- Assists the public with information and provides directions and other assistance as needed.
- Monitors cameras and fire alarm systems, and assists with the evacuation of buildings as needed.
- Investigates reports of criminal behavior or violations of policy and reports findings to the proper authorities.
- Monitors the phone for emergency calls and responds appropriately.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Security principles and practices
- Alarm systems, intrusion alarms, and elevator functions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the public
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- To work with audio-visual equipment as necessary
- Physically perform the duties of the position including walking stairways, long distances, and standing for long periods or to work in confined spaces.
- Work all shifts
Residency: Must become a resident of Allegheny County within one (1) year of appointment.
Veteran's Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D