Job Announcement Description
||Office of the County Council
||$2,916.67 - $3,166.67 per month
|How to Apply:
||Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. Applications will ALSO be accepted in the Office of the County Council Courthouse 436 Grant Street Room 119 Pittsburgh, PA 15219 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field And Three (3) years experience in governmental fiscal support services OR Three (3) years of experience in government accounting services. Applicants must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, and Access) and JD Edwards software and have demonstrated exceptional ability to comprehend and operate electronic automation systems. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, but a minimum of three (3) years governmental experience is required.
Applicants who meet the above requirements and who have additional experience in Governmental Operations are preferred.
Under the supervision of the Director of Budget and Administration this position assists in the processing of budget and personnel documents related to Council operations, applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information, prepares financial reports by compiling data, and utilizes appropriate accounting control procedures as required.
- Ensures adherence to all County purchasing policies and procedures
- Verifies that funds to cover payments are available through County's accounting application (JDEdwards).
- Prepares financial reports as required
- Types letters, reports, contracts, transactions, transmittals, vouchers, itinerary and agendas from handwritten drafts, dictated sources or original source documents
- Monitors and reconciles purchases and payments for accuracy and completeness, resolves accounting discrepancies
- Contacts the Controller's Office when requested to check on the status of a payment request
- Sets up formats and layouts for printing booklets such as the budget briefing manual
- Maintains files, records, and logs
- Performs arithmetic computations
- Composes correspondence, documents and memoranda
- Maintains and inventories office equipment and supplies
- Attends Council, committee, and all other meetings, as assigned by Council
- Works as a team member with other Council Directors in order to achieve Council's objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Basic accounting principles and accounting computer applications
- JDEdwards, PeopleSoft, and OnBase
- Detail oriented skills for accurate verification and data entry
- Government purchasing practices, policies, and procedures
- County government
- Read, analyze, interpret, communicate well verbally and in writing
- Work in accordance with acceptable accounting principles, audit procedures, budget preparation and to prepare spreadsheet files
- Work with the accounting system in place (JDEdwards) in order to define and solve problems, establish facts and to draw the necessary conclusions in the performance of duties
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prepare financial and budgetary documents
- Maintain accurate records.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Establish cooperative working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and outside agencies
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work independently with little supervision
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER-M/F/V/D