Fire Academy Equipment
Pierce 75 ft. Aerial Truck
The 2008 Aerial Truck provides an excellent resource for a variety of courses offered by the academy. Because of the reduced weight of the aluminum ladder we were able to mount it on a truck with a single rear axle which allows for getting this apparatus into tighter spaces.
- Pierce Dash 75ft. Heavy Duty aluminum ladder with a Waterous 2000 GPM single stage pump and a Husky 12 Foam system.
- Dash Cab with seating for 6
- Independent front suspension
- Cummins ISM 500 hp engine
- Allison 4000 series transmission
- Harrison 10 kw generator with electric cord reel
- NFPA LED lighting package
American La France Pumper
The Fire Academy's American La France pumper will be utilized in all aspects of training provided at the North Park training site. The pumper was designed to provide students with exposure to a wide range of modern technology in a learning environment. There are several innovative teaching features including color coded pump plumbing to match the discharge handle color, removable pump panels, dual agent foam system and extra large hosebed capacity. The unit is also available to assist when needed anywhere in Allegheny County.
- American La France Eagle Chassis w/ 193-inch wheelbase and raised roof cab w/ seating for 6
- Detroit Diesel Series 60 430-hp diesel engine
- Allison HD 4060PR Automatic transmission w/ retarder
- American La France two-stage 1500gpm pump w/ Detroit Diesel Fire Commander Governor System
- 500 Gallon Fiberglass Water tank
- Fiberglass Foam Tank 100 gallon Class B Foam/50 Gallon Class A Foam
- All pump discharges have both pressure gauges and digital flow meters
- 2 1.75-inch speedlays w/ removable trays
- 1 2.5-inch speedlay w/ removable tray
- Bumper discharge, all speedlays and the deck gun are plumbed to flow foam
- Hale Foammaster Foam System w/ Electric Refill Pumps
- AMPS 10Kw Hydraulic Generator System