Certification Testing Policy/Procedures
Below are the guidelines that will help each test move along more efficiently.
- All COMPLETED paperwork must be returned by the registration date of the particular professional certification test deadline.
- A copy of the certificate of completion of the required hazardous materials course, which must be dated within twelve (12) months of the requested test date, must be sent with your application. The fire chief’s signature will NO longer be accepted.
- The application must be completed and accepted by the test site coordinator before a candidate is added to the roster. If the paperwork is not complete, the entire packet will be sent back to the candidate.
- No-Show Policy - Failure to show for a test without 24-hour notice will result in the candidate being suspended from attending classes or certification test for a period of 1 year.
- The completed ORIGINAL application(s) must be dropped off in person or mailed directly to the Allegheny County Fire Academy. No e-mail, fax or electronic methods will be accepted!
- Separate checks or money orders MUST accompany the completed application as follows:
- All checks and money orders must include the candidate’s name and test name in the remarks section.
- $120.00 check or money order made out to “Allegheny County” for the administration of the test.
- All certification testing requires a $7.50 check or money order made out to “Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.”
This is for National Pro Board Certification registration that is required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on ALL Pro Board Certifications issued by the Office of the State Fire Commissioner. This cost is NON-REFUNDABLE once the candidate takes any (written or practical) portion of the test and regardless of pass/fail.