LGBTQ/SOGIE Community Training Team RFP
Allegheny County Department of Human Services has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to contract with interested, local community organizations or individuals to form a LGBTQ Community Training Team, which would be responsible for implementing an LGBTQ Train-the-Trainer curriculum across DHS’s child-serving systems.
The goal of this effort is to develop a sustainable network of trainers to support the ongoing education of both DHS staff and provider agencies contracting with DHS. The training is one component of a larger initiative DHS is carrying out in partnership with the Center for the Study of Social Policy – which is to serve as a piloting jurisdiction to field test guidelines for collecting, sharing and disclosing data about sexual orientation and gender identity and expression (SOGIE) of children and youth in the child welfare system.
DHS is looking forward to partnering with a diverse and complementary training team and encourages all interested parties to respond to the RFP.
- March 26, 2014 County Issue date
- Ongoing until April 23, 2014 Questions by email
- April 30, 2014 Proposal due date
- May 5 through May 19, 2014 RFP evaluation
- May 23, 2014 Recommendation of provider
- July 1, 2014 Contract begin date
LGBTQ-SOGIE Community Training Team RFP
Questions and Answers, posted April 25, 2014
Issuing Office/Point of Contact
- The County’s Department of Human Services (DHS) is serving as the “Issuing Office” for this RFP. The Issuing Office is the sole point of contact in the County with regard to all aspects of this RFP.
- Please refer all inquiries about the RFP via email to the RFP inbox.
- Send all proposals to either: Leslie Lewis-Pollard, Allegheny County Department of Human Services, One Smithfield Street, 5th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 or via email to the RFP inbox.