Decision Support Tools and Predictive Analytics in Human Services
The Allegheny County Department of Human Services (DHS) seeks to improve the delivery of services to its consumers by using data to improve decision making. Specifically, DHS is interested in ways in which workers can use data (currently collected) as a tool in making service decisions that best address the needs of consumers. In order to accomplish this goal, up to $1 million will be available to design and implement a system of decision-support tools and predictive analytics for human services. This work is being supported through a public/private partnership. DHS expects to make one to five awards as a result of this solicitation.
Innovative solutions are being sought from a diverse array of entities, including government organizations, educational institutions, non-profit or for-profit organizations and individuals. Collaborative proposals are encouraged but not required. Entities may participate in more than one collaborative proposal. These partners may assist in the development, design and possible implementation of decision support tools and predictive models that will improve decision-making and therefore service delivery.
- February 26, 2014 County Issue date
- Through April 11, 2014 Questions by email or mail*
- April 18, 2014, 4:30 p.m. Proposal due date and time
- May 1 through June 1, 2014 RFP evaluation
- June 15, 2014 Recommendation of provider
- June 22, 2014 Selected providers notified
- September 1, 2014 Contract begin date
Decision Support Tools and Predictive Analytics in Human Services RFP
Q&A compilation - updated April 16, 2014
MWDBE Contract Specifications Manual
MWDBE Participation Statement form
MWDBE Waiver Statement form
Issuing Office/Point of Contact
- The County’s Department of Human Services (DHS) is serving as the “Issuing Office” for this RFP. The Issuing Office is the sole point of contact in the County with regard to all aspects of this RFP.
- *DHS will not be holding a pre-proposal conference about this RFP. Please submit all questions in writing as specified in the RFP. All questions and answers will be posted on this page.
- Please refer all inquiries about the RFP in writing or email to: Leslie Lewis-Pollard, Allegheny County Department of Human Services, 1 Smithfield Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.
- Send all proposals to: Leslie Lewis-Pollard, Allegheny County Department of Human Services, 1 Smithfield Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 OR the DHS RFP in-box