High School Students Enrolled in Allegheny County
Do You Qualify for Free Prom Clothes?
Do you .....
- receive services through child welfare (for example, receive CYF in-home services or live in a foster home or a group home)
- live in a homeless shelter or transitional or bridge housing program?
- receive mental health services?
- receive service related to intellectual disability?
- receive substance use disorder (drug & alcohol) treatment?
You also qualify to receive a free gown and accessories if you or a member of your household...
- receive food assistance from a food pantry
- receive utility assistance
- receive or is eligible to receive free or reduced-price school lunches
- receive unemployment benefits
- is in military active duty or a veteran
When visiting the Project Prom Shop you should be prepared to show your valid student ID.
Watch our Project Prom Gown Give Away promo video!
Project Prom Events for Eligible Students
- Completed for 2014
- No pre-registration required
- Visit the Project Prom shop (Get Directions) to select your favorite gown and accessories
- You may bring a parent or friend to help you
- You will also be helped by a personal shopper
- The number of guests in the shop at one time is limited
- You will be allowed to go into the shop on a first-come-first-served basis
NOTE: There is no guarantee that we will be able to find the perfect prom outfit for you. But we will do everything we can to make sure that your selection is stylish and appropriate.
- Completed for 2014
- Wear a shirt with a collar and pants pulled up and tightened with a belt to the event
- Arrive by 5:00 p.m. to the Herberman Center inside Shadyside Hospital, 5150 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh 15232
- You will enjoy a catered meal
- An etiquette specialist will help you brush up on your table manners
- You will be fitted for a tuxedo
- You will receive a free tuxedo-rental from Tuxedo Junction
- You will learn how to tie several tie knots including a bowtie
For more information please contact the Event and Donations Team at 412-350-3428 or EventandDonationsTeam@AlleghenyCounty.us.