Justice Related Support Services
Justice Related Support Services help persons with mental illness who are invovled in the criminal justice system take advantage of all services available to them in the most effective way. Eligible individuals are referred from either the behavioral health or criminal justice system.
Justice Related Support Services include:
- Providing case management for all persons with mental illness referred from the point of formal arraignment to the time of sentencing. Support services are continued for up to 60 days after release from the Allegheny County Jail or for 60 days after sentencing.
- Developing and presenting an appropriate service plan to the Court of Common Pleas. The service plan includes housing, treatment services, and linkage with community supports and case management.
- Arranging required services and providing supports for persons with mental illness referred by the Mental Health Court to the Justice Related Support Program.
- Ensuring a smooth transition into the community by working in collaboration with the Allegheny County Jail, Court of Common Pleas, Service Coordination Units and other community providers.
- Conducting regular compliance reporting to Adult Probation and/or the Courts.
- Collaborating with the Justice Related Diversion Services team for authorization of a 302 commitment, when required or necessary.
- Providing technical assistance and support to case management services and community providers to ensure continuity of care and adherence to the service plan.
- Providing contingency funds for basic items during early transition into the community.
An individual may be referred by anyone within or outside of the court system with sufficient cause to make the referral.
Called in: 412-301-8220
Justice Related Services
Gristmill Corporate Center, Suite 300
101 Bellevue Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15229