Court Records

Bond Refunds

If the defendant appears for trial and the case is completed, a check for the bail money, minus the initial filing fee and a processing fee (see Cost & Fee Schedule), is mailed to the individual (surety) who posted the bond.  Bond refunds are made by check only and are sent through the mail.

If the address of the person or entity who posted a bond changes during the period of time between the bond being posted and the case being completed, the person or the entity  named on the bond must notify the bond counter  and change their address by showing a valid driver’s license or other proper identification.  No address can be changed over the telephone.  For more information, please contact the bond counter at 412-350-5239 or 412-350-6063.