Instructions to File a Tax Collector Bond
The Tax Collector or his/her filing agent must present the following to the docketing clerk in the Department of Court Records, Civil/Family Division:
- BOND - from a court-approved surety company;
- Copy of the OATH OF OFFICE;
- Copy of the MUNICIPAL RESOLUTION;
- Copy of the SCHOOL DISTRICT RESOLUTION;
- One original & one copy of a COVER SHEET (see example below); and
- A $81.50 docketing fee. Acceptable forms of payment are CASH, MUNICIPAL CHECK, CERTIFIED CHECK, or MONEY ORDER payable to: Department of Court Records.
* * * NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED * * *
Upon presentation to the clerk, a docket number will be issued to the fore named documents and also two NOTICES OF FILING TAX COLLECTOR BOND. The Notices will then be given to the Tax Collector or their filing agent, to be completed. Once completed, copies of the NOTICES must be made and served upon your MUNICIPALITY and your SCHOOL DISTRICT. The ACCEPTANCE OF SERVICE portion of the original NOTICES must be signed by an authorized agent of the MUNICIPALITY and the SCHOOL DISTRICT. The NOTICES then must be returned to the Department of Court Records, Civil/Family Division.
Ten (10) days after both NOTICES have been received in the Department of Court Records, Civil/Family Division, the BOND and the appropriate documentation will be presented to the Court by the Department of Court Records, Civil/Family Division for approval. Only after approval by the Court has been given is the Tax Collector authorized to act in his/her capacity as the collector of taxes
Cover Sheet Example
Tax Collector Bond Cover Sheet